Saturday, May 16, 2015

May Long Weekend

I love a long weekend!!  The thought of having an extra day to play, or putter, or sleep in... who wouldn't love an extra day off?!
We have decided to go to a Blue Jays baseball game Monday, a family trip that we now do at least two or three times a year.  My husband and I will also go on dates down to a game once or twice as I enjoy watching the games live.

Spring seems to be a pretty busy time, so I have lots to catch up on.
 My son was invited by a friend to go to prom.  He is 17, and is such a handsome, funny, intelligent person.  I am thankful I was chosen to be his mother and am proud of the strong Christian man he is becoming.
                                   


This is my front garden, I have waited months for the snow to finally melt away and to see some green pop up.  I was heartened two weeks ago when I had grass on the lawn and a single brave daffodil braved the still cold temps and bloomed in full glorious yellow!  And now I have spring in my garden, tulips of different shades, hyacinths,violets,and my bleeding heart has returned.  I am especially proud of my flower garden as I have put a lot of effort into restoring what I feel was a lovely garden years ago, but was allowed to go to seed by previous owners.  My rose of Sharon bushes will start to fill out in June and will blossom late July. They are so beautiful that they helped sell the house to me when we first came here 7 yrs ago to look at the property.




            



Mothers Day was last weekend, and I has a lovely day with my family. My oldest daughter wasn't able to be home, but the rest of the kids, John and I  spent the day going to church in the town we plan on moving to in the summer. We lunched at a sweet little family restaurant with fresh local ingredients (great find), and then as a special treat, a movie in an older theatre.
It was a great day, I felt loved and got to spend it with my favourite people, it doesn't  get better than that!!
                                                                                          Little fountain in a park near the restaurant we went to for lunch.  Yes that is my daughter riding the canon in the background.


                                                   Movie theatre with two screens.



                                               
                                                         Flowers from my girls :)



Oh how I wish my phone could capture the colours of my afghan better.  I LOVE the colours I am using, they are a sea and sand kind of feel.  I am making this for our queen sized bed, and hope to have it finished for Christmas.  It is now getting to the awkward, heavy stage just in time for 90 degree weather. Not well planned out perhaps ... but when the creative juices start to flow sometimes I put practicality to the sidelines.




This lovely soft leather loveseat found a home here today.  I found it at a thrift store for, (are you sitting down?)   $35 !!!   I am so excited ,  The  colour  is perfect for me, and the seat is so comfortable!!  Yep, I am in love:)





This is homemade eczema cream for my husband.  I found this excellent recipe on The Elliot Homestead site   http://theelliotthomestead.com/2013/12/homemade-eczema-cream/  It smells really good, and feels cooling to use.  I will let you know how we fare with it.



I took this picture this week while at work.  A gloriously bright sunny day here in Ontario.



Soli Deo gloria




2 comments:

  1. No wonder you are so proud of that boy, he looks lovely as I am sure all your kids are. I too had five children and they are all grown up now. I cannot believe it sometimes that they are so grown up with some of them having families of their own.. my eldest daughter has three children and the eldest of those was 26 last week. When I visited her in the hospital when Charlotte was born, it was only ten years since I had given birth to my last child** Felt very strange then, being a new grandma! I had three sons and two daughters, one of whom lives in Ontario area with her two children and husband. At a place near coburg in Northumberland county.. so I am visiting her in June for two weeks, cannot wait to be there, I love Canada.. she lived in another place outside Toronto before and previous to that was in British Columbia near Vancouver.. so I have visited quite a lot,but this time it will be to her new home. Thank you for your comments on my blog, most welcome.. and I loved reading your blog too.. best wishes from across the pond. j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Love your new couch!! That was a really Great find!! And Oh your garden is very pretty in the spring!!!

    God Bless Kelly

    ReplyDelete