Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Changing Things Up

Yesterday was a quiet day around here.  I didn't have to go to work, my kids were in VBS for the morning, and I felt like I needed to change up my house.  Do you ever get into a rut with your furniture? I DO!!   When you decide to have five kids, you basically decide to give up brand new anything  until they are fairly grown. So I make do with the furniture we have, and am grateful that we are so well provided for by my hubby who works hard for us.
Now and then I feel claustrophobic and that our home is in need of a good decluttering. Yesterday was one of those days.  Just by moving around the pictures on the walls and getting rid of some things that I liked but not loved, what a difference!  I felt like I was creating a new space and looked forward to the kids coming home and being surprised.  Such fun!  My kids did come in and notice things straight away, then they walked all the way through the house to find what was different, and give me their opinions on what I had done. The general consensus  was I had done a good job:)
Next week we are moving around the dining room, nobody knows it yet but me...( insert evil laugh here)
I am going back to work September 2,  after a lovely summer break.  In January this year I decided I would like to learn to drive bus, as I enjoy driving, have a perfect record and liked the hours that go with bus driving. I discovered that I truly  LOVE to drive my bus!!  I miss it, and look forward to doing it again.  However, I am not missing the early mornings, I have to be up at 5 to prepare for work, do my paperwork and pre-trip... I don't mind getting up after 6 am but I find 5 a bit difficult some mornings.  I am working so we can work toward our dream of owning a homestead.  I would get up at 5 every day of my life if I was guaranteed a homestead!!!
We are going on a mini  vacay to Michigan, we weren't sure we were going til the kids passports arrived yesterday.
We have friends that are building a home in the earth.  I grew up with S., who is a rocket scientist and works for a firm in Michigan.  S., designed and is building his home with his lovely wife and as much friend power as they can swing!  He has a website it is www.homeintheearth.com .  I love checking in every couple of days to see what they have been up to and how far they have come with the building.  My husband has gone down for a long weekend to give a hand .
We are heading down so my husband can work with S., and I can visit, and the kids we bring can hang with their kiddos.  Some of my kids are working/summer school etc so  we have someone staying with them and the dog:)  We are definitely hitting  Ford Museum's  Greenfield Village, as I LOVE it there. If you get the chance you have to go, well organized, beautifully kept, knowledgeable staff, cannot say enough about it!I have included the link so you can see what I am talking about, it is just fantastic!http://www.thehenryford.org/village/index.aspx
 I am now off the pack and prep...

No comments:

Post a Comment