Friday, July 25, 2014

Braided Bread and Glory Road

The past couple of days have been hard for me so it took some time to get to making the braided bread I had said I was going to make.  Now and then I have migraines... not just a bad headache but a serious dizzy, vomiting, in a dark room migraine, and I have been battling them for the past three days.
Also for some reason we have some kind of a raccoon hotel in our attic and so far this year we have removed humanely 8 raccoons. But there is another one up there and they are a nocturnal creature that loves to scratch and play at 2 am... not conducive to sleep and didn't help the headaches.
 Anyway, today I felt a bit better though sleep deprived and tackled the bread.  I am by no means a baker, I like to cook but baking isn't for me.  My 11 yr old daughter had asked to watch the movie Glory Road, and I thought this was the perfect time.  We could chat about the lessons from the movie while I was baking the bread.  Glory Road is an amazing movie full of life lessons and history, if you haven't seen it you should take the time.
I found this braided bread recipe on a blog I follow called Mama's Minutia.  The blogger is funny and smart, and this looked so good.
TA DA !!    I am so happy with the way it turned out.  the smell is amazing, and the colour beautiful.  But the taste is outstanding, and kid approved!! It was easy to follow and didn't take too long as far as bread goes... and isn't it pretty?!

New week I will try another new recipe because it was so fun going with the unknown. Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment